martes, 2 de agosto de 2011

Long Term Achievements: Not that Easy (extra credit)

Lets start with DH. DH is the abreviattion for downhill skateboarding. Dh is something really dangerous because you are going from 60 kilometers per hour to 130 kilometers per hour. Of course you need certain board, certain wheels, passion, speed, courage, etc. Downhill Skateboarding it is about passion, speed, courage, and of course, WINNING.

I have been practicing longboard since 2008. When I stared this sport (which my parents do not like because a) They say it is not a sport and b) They say it is too dangerous), I started when my mom bought me my first longboard that was a 'sector 9'. When my mom bought me that board, She put me on a camp which consist of going every morning since 9 a.m. to 1 p.m. It was very expensive but value.

After this, I stop longboarding for 1 year and then got back up on the longboard. As I told on a blog entry, I knew skating friends from the condominium which teach me everything I know now. As I was progressing I started doing some tricks untill I got better. While every month pass through every month, we all skate every day and always knew more people and start gathering for new competitions. It was very interesting.

One day I saw a competence in a place called 'secret spot' which was about freeride and downhill skateboarding. In that moment I did not knew what that was. I did knew what was freeride or freestyle (which was about doing tricks9 but I did not know what downhill skateboarding was. I started asking my friends what was that and of course, searching videos on youtube about that. My friends taught me how to start doing this thing because of course when you start doing Dh you are very afraid of falling and getting to hurt. At first they taught me how do I need to keep my board so I can do DH. Then it comes the hard part, going 60 km/. I started throwing myself a part o the 'secret spot' in which I just get to 30 kilometers per hour. I need to get 30 more.

The first thing I needed was a board for DH and of course, courage. In that time I did not have any of them so I started getting courage because it was not too expensive. Then I borrow a board and threw my self all the secret spot. It was very scary because it was not my board and it was my 1st time.

After this first day (in which they took a video recording of me) I just start asking for some things I needed for my board so it was more secure, faster, and with more pleasure.

Now a days I already have the necesary equipment for DH including the passion, speed, and courage. When I started I have a bad possition for Dh which we skaters call 'tock'. Now, I have a better tock and I have already get to 90 kilometers per hour which is very fast. I feel very confortable and satisfied because now I am on another level of DH. I am much better now and its like this days I am constantly having lightbulb moments. To be honest, it is of the best feelinghs I have ever feel in my life. Its like love but with yourself because you achieve something. In my case, I achieve being on another level of DH which is a long term achievement and you are constantly getting this achievement and level of confortness with yourself. It feels like everything it is going to be alright.

We all have get through this wonderfull feeling and in life we get it mostly every day because every day you achieve something. Even it is a short term achievement but the thing is you get that Lightbulb Moment. The lightbulb moment that makes you feel free, happy, exited, and a lot of more good emotions. You also get a better mood, thats why we always have to search for something to achieve like for example grades and never give up.

No hay comentarios:

Publicar un comentario